To establish the conditions under which the campus permits individuals and organizations to use university premises and facilities.
All premises and facilities owned, leased, occupied or otherwise controlled by the university on behalf of the Urbana-Champaign campus.
Office of the Chancellor.
Designated campus officials are authorized to permit organizations and/or individuals to use university premises and facilities, subject to the following conditions:
- the use is compatible with the university’s teaching, research, economic development, and public service missions;
- the use is consistent with applicable city ordinances, state and federal laws, and university and campus policies and procedures;
- the appropriate premises or facilities are available for the requested date and/or time;
- the organization and/or individual agrees to comply with the restrictions set forth in the applicable policies and any agreement for the specified premises or facilities;
- the organization and/or individual pays any applicable rental fee, service charge or other fee;
- university premises and facilities shall not be used for fundraising purposes, except for functions sponsored by university or campus advancement offices or functions approved in advance by the Chancellor or his/her designee;
- university premises and facilities shall not be used for private purposes or private gain, except pursuant to an approved facilities use agreement or with the prior approval of the Chancellor or his/her designee; and
- except for rental fees, services charges, usage fees, or other admission fees imposed by the campus, no admission fee or contribution shall be charged to attend an event on university premises and facilities, except pursuant to an approved facilities use agreement or with the prior approval of the Chancellor or his/her designee.
The grant of permission to an organization and/or individual to use of university premises and facilities in no way implies approval or disapproval of the individual or organization or the events it sponsors.
- Designated Campus Official The individual who has been approved by the Chancellor or his/her designee pursuant to the applicable procedures and is authorized to determine whether individuals or organizations may use university premises and facilities.
The procedures for submitting and reviewing requests for use of university premises and facilities are set forth in the Student Code. Individuals and organization not affiliated with the university should refer to the Office of the Registrar for guidelines and procedures regarding use of university premises and facilities.
The Chancellor or his/her designee has the authority to permit exceptions to this policy and to develop additional procedures as may be appropriate.